SustainUS Agents of Change

SustainUS delegates reflect on their experiences at the United Nations

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Tim Flannery vs. Brian Flannery

Brian FlanneryAs I listened to the CSD-14 Chairperson introduce yesterday morning’s plenary panelist, there was one name that mysteriously rang a bell: Brian Flannery. I knew this name sounded familiar, but when I heard him introduced as the Science, Strategy and Programs Manager for Exxon Mobil, I was utterly stumped. Where had I heard this name before?


Tim FlanneryThen I remembered! I had just finished the book, The Weather Makers, by Tim Flannery, Australia’s well renowned biologist and paleontologist that currently serves as the Principal Research Scientist at the Australian Museum in Sydney. Surely, I thought, whomever was in charge of appointing panelists for the CSD-14 thematic discussion addressing air pollution, atmospheric problems, and combating climate change, must have made an honest mistake when they chose a representative from one of world’s leading oil exploiters, over the author to one of the most comprehensive climate change publications released thus far. You know - Brian Flannery, Tim Flannery – same thing, right? Wrong. Let’s explore the differences . . .

Click here to continue reading "Tim Flannery vs. Brian Flannery."

Author: Josh Arnold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home